Lend Me Your Hope – Hope Beyond the Battle
1 Peter 5:8-11
- The Attack
- The Adversary
- The Attitude
- The Action
- The Aftermath
Quick Review: Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
- Peter asks us to be “sober-minded and watchful.” What are some habits we can put into place to help us with this? What are some obstacles in our lives which can distract us?
- In Romans 5:3-4 Paul indicates that “our sufferings” are to lead us through a process. Looking back at your experience can you describe how God has used suffering in your life?
- How does hearing about the suffering of brothers and sisters around the world encourage you?
- What are the best tools to use in order to “resist the devil?” (Matthew 4:1-11)
We welcome Norm Lewis, long-standing member of Aspen Ridge Church, as our speaker this weekend. If you are visiting, we want to extend a special welcome to you, and we invite you to an informal reception immediately following our worship service. On Saturday, Norm will be available in the Celebration Center, and on Sunday, he will meet you at the Welcome Center.
A TRANSITION FOR HUNTER & LAUREN HEADLEY
Hunter and Lauren have received and accepted the call of God to another church ministry. We are happy for God’s blessing in their lives, but will experience great loss alongside this transition. We would like to thank them for their faithful service here and send them with our
blessings. On June 11/12, there will be a prayerful dedication in our services and a cake reception following each service to show our love and appreciation for Hunter and Lauren.
TOWN HALL EXCHANGE: PLEASE SHARE YOUR QUESTIONS
As we move forward with our vision to Live It Out, some in our congregation have asked for clarification of our specific objectives and financial planning. So we will have a two-part Town Hall Exchange to address your questions.
- Submit Your Questions by Wednesday, June 15: Please go online to AspenRidgeChurch.org/townhall to submit your questions.
- Elder Response on June 25/26: After Saturday evening service (7:00 PM) and between our two Sunday morning services (10:00 AM), Elders will respond to questions received. Due to a limited time of 30 minutes for the meeting, we will only be able to address questions submitted in advance.
Much like our past Town Hall Meetings, the goal of this Town Hall Exchange is to provide a forum for communication. The two-part approach allows us to host the meeting on a Sunday morning, which is a convenient time for many. Our vision and financial goals for Live It Out
are available on our website and in booklets available at the Welcome Center.
CPR CERTIFICATION COURSE
We are hosting a two-year certification course for adult, child and infant CPR, First Aid and AED with American Heart Association guidelines. Please join us on June 11, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, in the Fellowship Hall. The cost is $35 per person. Contact Debbie Stewart to register:
Please stop at our table in the entryway for more information on how you can get involved in sponsoring a student this summer.
RETRO ROCK: VBS 2016
June 20-24, we’re taking it back to God’s Word with “Retro Rock,” featuring the music of Go Fish. Online volunteer registration is available, and a mandatory orientation (lunch provided) will be held on June 12 in the Fellowship Hall.
CONVERGE 2016: REACH
Aspen Ridge Church would like to send some delegates to this year’s Converge 2016 conference with author and speaker, Francis Chan. Get a fresh take on evangelism and learn about new missions opportunities in your neighborhood and around the world. The conference will be held June 29 – July 1 at Mission Hills Church in Littleton. Please contact Barb
Achenbach if you are interested in attending.
BABY BOTTLES ARE DUE BACK ON FATHER’S DAY!
Mountain Area Pregnancy Center will continue to collect baby bottles through Father’s Day. Pick up a bottle from the lobby, fill it with change and return it to church on June 19. Make a difference!
CONVERGE ROCKY MOUNTAIN – LEADERSHIP DEEP DIVE
“A Christian Response to Homosexuality.” This will be held at Mountain View Bible Fellowship in Estes Park June 24, 7:00 – 9:00 PM, and June 25, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Pre-register at [email protected] There is no fee, but registration is needed for materials.
OUTREACH WEEKEND EMPHASIS
Please join us on June 18/19 to hear our missionaries, John Mehn and his wife Elaine at our weekend services. We will have an opportunity to meet them at a BBQ at 4:45 PM on Saturday, June 18 before the evening service. There will also be a meet and greet on Sunday, June 19, between the morning services. John serves with Converge in Japan and his ministry can be found at Gospelrest.com.
- Also, Scott Millar, a Converge missionary starting a Hispanic church plant in Toronto, Canada will be here on Thursday, June 23 at 6:30 PM to talk to small groups and any others interested!