I would like to extend a welcome for you to participate with our Pastor of Worship Arts Candidate Weekend on October 6/7. This is a meaningful and exciting juncture for our church as we prayerfully discern God’s provision and leading for this important area of church life. You may also know that our search committee is recommending Pastor Lawrence Pridmore of Maranatha Worship Center in Wichita, Kansas. Additional information about Pastor Lawrence, wife Tiffany and family have been distributed and can also be viewed digitally. Our purpose for the weekend is to listen and pray in the way of preparing our church membership to vote on this candidacy the following weekend (October 13/14).
The schedule for the weekend is as follows:
- 6:30 PM – Pridmores arrive, gathering with elders, staff (and spouses) at Clark home
- Pridmores get to know Conifer and Evergreen in the morning.
- 3:00 PM – Worship teams are invited to attend weekend rehearsal.
- 5:00 PM – Saturday evening service will include Lawrence as leader, a formal recommendation from our search team and Sally Morganthaller, an interview of Lawrence & Tiffany and teaching about what not to do in the worship of our worthy God.
- 6:10 PM – Townhall meeting follows our Saturday service, including opportunities to pose questions to our candidate.
- Pastor Lawrence will be leading worship services throughout the weekend, including Sunday morning services. Each of our services (9:00 & 10:30 AM) will be followed by a townhall meeting, at which time individuals may pose questions of interest to our candidate.
This weekend will set the stage for a prayer emphasis the week following. I am asking all our small groups to prioritize prayer for God’s direction and leadership in this candidacy. This includes prayers for the Pridmores, their present church Maranatha Worship Center and Aspen Ridge Church. During the weekend services on October 13/14, Aspen Ridge will hold a vote of church members on calling Pastor Lawrence to Aspen Ridge.
Warmly, Pastor Jeff