Children’s Ministry is open NOW at 10:30am service, ONLY.
The safety and health of children, entrusted to us, is a great responsibility and one that we do not take for granted or lightly. For this reason, we will follow the recommendations outlined by the health officials for facilities caring for children.
Parents/guardians will need to pre-register their children, each week, through the link provided on our website. Access to pre-register will be granted one week at a time. Pre-registration will be available starting the Wednesday noon before the upcoming Sunday.
There are a couple of reasons we are requiring pre-registration. We want to make sure the number of children, in each classroom, is reasonable and manageable for our volunteers. The other reason is we will be doing verbal health screens and touch-less temperature checks on each child and keeping a record. Pre-registration will allow us to print out a form with each child’s name listed prior to their arrival.
What to expect when you arrive:
You will notice dots on the floor. They are spaced for physical distancing to be maintained. We understand opinions and comfort levels differ from person to person. In the spirit of thinking of others and doing our best to help make all families feel comfortable, we ask that physical distancing be honored, as best as possible.
Check-in, we imagine will take a little longer than before. We will not have self-check-in available. Please be patient with our volunteers as they perform verbal screenings and temperature checks for each family.
Physical distancing during drop-off and pick-up will be tricky. If it is feasible for one parent/guardian to drop off and pick up their children, we encourage you to do so. If you have multiple children and can divide and conquer and then meet up in the worship center lobby, or outside that could help too with possible congestion.
How you can help:
- Patience and flexibility, as we maneuver through new territory.
- Please be respectful to the volunteers. They are pretty amazing! Without them we would not be able to resume ministry.
- Please, please do not bring children to church if they have a temperature, cough, runny nose or headache. In cases where a child has a known condition or allergies that presents these symptoms, we ask you kindly to get a doctor’s note. Our volunteers and staff are not qualified, nor do we want them to be put in a position to make a call.
- When dropping off and picking up your child, please remain on the outside of the classroom. We understand some children, especially those who are younger, can experience separation anxiety. We know it can be difficult for parents to drop-off and walk away when their child is upset. Our goal is to engage and comfort those children when they are having a difficult time. We want every child’s experience to be a positive one when placed in our care.
- Please only register your child if you intend on placing them in children’s ministry. There are limited spots.
- If your infant or toddler will need a bottle, we ask you pack a bottle filled with water and the formula powder measured out in a separate container.
Also, going forward only parents and guardians will do diaper changes. Our volunteers will notify Debbie Stewart of a soiled diaper and you will be contacted.
We really look forward to seeing you!
Please contact me directly if you have any questions at [email protected]
Debbie Stewart – Director of Children’s Ministries
To pre-register click HERE or text KidZone to 720.724.8881