Acts – Jesus Heals
The Big Idea: Jesus heals our deepest need!
The Big Question: How did God heal then? How does God heal now?
- THEN and NOW: By faith in Jesus’ name!
- THEN and NOW: By asking Jesus to heal us!
- THEN and NOW: By allowing Jesus to heal our deepest need!
A Caution and a Challenge:
Quick Review: Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
- In your personal story, how have you experienced healing (as a recipient or bystander)? How did that affect you? How did that affect your view of God?
- What was the beggar’s expectation? Do you think he was looking for complete restoration? What has life and our society taught you to expect when it comes to sickness and healing?
- When you come to Jesus what do you expect? Fire insurance? Forgiveness? Yes, that’s absolutely part of it. But what about unity/oneness with God? What about the riches of Christ? What about abundance? (John 17:22-25, Ephesians 1:3-14)
- What questions do you find yourself asking when the desired outcome doesn’t match your expectation? Are those questions helpful? Are there better questions to ask?
- What do you think God’s intended effect through healing is? Is it primarily to relieve us of a physical ailment…or a spiritual ailment?
- Is God more concerned with our comfort or our maturity? Happiness or holiness?
- What can we do with disappointment? With doubt? Unbelief? Independence (ex: “I will figure it out”)? (Mark 9:23-25, Matthew 11:28-30, 1 Peter 5:6-9)
Taking it Home: Consider J.B. Phillips’s book: “Your God Is Too Small.” In what ways have you put “God in a box?”
We welcome Todd Ickes, a member of our preaching team, to our services this weekend. We want to extend a special welcome to visitors and guests, as well, and we invite you to an informal reception immediately following our worship service. Todd will meet you at the Welcome Center, where you can also receive a special gift when you turn in a Communication Card.
Pastor Jeff and Mary are away April 4-12, celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary. If you have any pastoral concerns during this time, please contact Pastor Kreg or the church office.
CONTAGIOUS CHRISTIAN CHALLENGE!
Take the Contagious Christian Challenge by signing up for this dynamic 6-week course at the Welcome Center after service. This is a DVD series that is designed to help you effectively and efficiently share your faith, and it will begin in small groups this weekend. You can also email our Director of Small Groups at Eric.Krajewski@AspenRidgeChurch.org for more information.
PARENT/CHILD DEDICATION WEEKEND
We will host a parent/child dedication on April 21/22. Please contact the office if you are interested in participating. This is a special way to publicly affirm your commitment before God and your church family to raise your child in the knowledge and admonition of the Lord.
MEN & PARENTING
Our next men’s breakfast will look at a man’s role as a father, with special reference to parenting. Matt Briley will present “how to build and develop your toolkit on being a father toward your children.” All men are invited Saturday, April 14 at 8:00 AM in the Celebration Center.
Are you new to Aspen Ridge and want to know more about the church, want to discover a small group and find a way to serve? The Bridge provides an orientation to church life, and this class allows newcomers to explore and discover who we are. Dinner will be provided, and the session is scheduled on April 15 from 4:00 - 7:30 PM in the Fellowship Hall. Email us at Info@AspenRidgeChurch.org to reserve your spot.
Join us for prayer on Sunday mornings, downstairs in the Fireside Room, from 10:15 - 10:40 AM. This is a special time to pray for our weekend services and the advance of the gospel. There is also a student-led group meeting during this time; please see Pastor Kreg for details.
DV8 INFORMATION LIST
Did you know DV8 Student Ministries is always doing fun events and activities like camps, movie nights, pinball tournaments and game nights? If you are a parent and want to be kept in the loop on DV8 happenings, email Kreg at the address listed below and ask to be added to the parents list.
DV8 CIY REGISTRATION OPEN
We are accepting $50 deposits to save your student’s spot for high school Christ in Youth (CIY) camp this summer, from July 1-5. If you have questions, please stop by the student center for a flyer or email Pastor Kreg.
SAVE-THE-DATE FOR VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
Vacation Bible School is coming soon! On Monday, June 4 through Friday, June 8 from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, we will shout and cheer through God’s mighty acts of victory, along with Go Fish’s Victory curriculum. Registration opens on our website beginning May 1. Begin praying about how you might volunteer, as well!
WEDNESDAY NIGHT DINNER
Dinner is served at 5:30 PM on Wednesday nights. This week, our menu includes baked chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, salad and dessert for $2.50/person or $10/family. We would love to meet you there.
LIVE IT OUT PROJECT: PRECEPTS
In the lobby, near the front office, there is a basket full of items that may be shared with those in need around you. Feel free to take a bag or two and share the love of Christ.